Samsung Galaxy S10+ in Kenya
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus has a recommended retail price of KSh48,000 in Kenya. It features a Dynamic AMOLED, HDR10+ display, an Exynos 9820 (8 nm) chipset, a triple 12 MP camera, and a Li-Po 4100 mAh non-removable battery. Galaxy S10 Plus is available in the colors Prism White, Black, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Black, White, Red, and Smoke Blue.
Galaxy S10 Plus overview
This Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus smartphone was released on 8th March 2019. It packs a 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors with HDR10+ and a screen resolution of 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~522 PPI density). It runs Android 9.0 (Pie), is upgradable to Android 10, and One UI 2, and is powered by Exynos 9820 (8 nm) and Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.31 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55). It is equipped with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM for internal storage. It packs a triple camera set up which consists of12MP+12MP+16MP and a dual selfie camera 10MP+8MP. This smartphone is fuelled by Li-Ion 4100 mAh, non-removable Fast charging 15W battery.
This Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus measures 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm and weighs 175g. it is made of curved glass both on the front and back with an aluminum frame. It comes with Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front. The curved surface makes the phone more comfortable on the hand as well as providing great looks.
It is available in Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White, Cardinal Red, and Smoke Blue colors. The panel reflects different colors on top of its primary color. It has a 6.4-inches screen display at the front which has a punch hole cut out that houses a dual selfie camera.
At the rear is a camera bump that looks so elegant. It extends as a horizontal bar that looks clean and has some symmetry to the design. It houses a triple main camera set up and an LED flash. There is also a heart rate sensor at the back.
On the left side, you get volume keys that are of reasonable size and well placed for easy access. They have a soft click upon pressing and are made of aluminum hence durable. On the right side is a power button that is of good size for comfort and efficiency.
At the top is a 3 in 1 tray that houses dual 4G/LTE Nano sim cards and a micro SD card for storage expansion. There is also a noise cancellation microphone for calls. Down below are a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB-C port for charging and transferring files, a microphone, and a speaker grille.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is also IP68 dust/water-resistant for up to 1.5m for 30 minutes so you can as well take your party to the pool. Dancing in the rain will be also nice as you capture the moment for a magical experience.
It is equipped with a single stereo AKG tuned speakers that deliver clear sound especially when watching videos or playing games. They can get loud. The bass and treble are perfect. There is also a headphone jack for you to listen to multimedia without interruption and also tune in to your favorite radio stations for real-time updates and great hits.
Ii has an ultrasonic under-display fingerprint scanner which is very much reliable. It is effective and grants access within a touch. The security of your files and documents is guaranteed with this smartphone.
It also supports face recognition unlock. Within a glance, access is granted. It is responsive even in poorly lit places. It is reliable and secure though not like the fingerprint scanner.
It packs a 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors with HDR10+ certification. It has some nice advantages which are listed below
- It consumes less power (energy efficiency) when compared to other display technologies.
- A thinner physical profile which translates to flexibility and lightness.
- High contrast ratio meaning the difference between the brightest whites and the darkest blacks.
- Overall display quality is brighter and more vivid than images displayed on typical IPS panels.
- Better viewing angles than high-end IPS panels. No noticeable color shifts, brightness, and vibrancy remain unchanged even when viewed from extreme angles.
- Better response time and refresh rates than conventional IPS panels. This means that moving images are more fluid and less straining to the eyes.
With a screen resolution of 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~522 PPI density) you will experience an immersive watching experience with great cinematic. You can play graphic intensive games and enjoy customizable characters and detailed environments. The screen is reasonably big for easy viewing to avoid straining. It has decent viewing angles and the screen can get bright for outdoor usage.
The phone has adaptive brightness which you can be able to customize to your liking for outdoor usage. Immerse yourself into an excellent viewing experience with great cinematic.
It is equipped with an Always-On display which allows you to customize your screen to show time, date, notification, screensavers, and battery status when the screen is off.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus runs Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10, and One UI 2. it gives you suggested responses with the recommended action. It is also equipped with a sound amplifier that boosts sound and filters the background to give you fine-tune. Gesture navigation is quicker and much more intuitive. It also offers a dark mode that is gentle on your eyes, no more straining at night. You also get data control to help you keep your data safe from unauthorized access.
It is powered by Exynos 9820 (8 nm) and Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.31 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55) which performs simple tasks more quickly and makes complicated applications to be more practical. This phone has ample memory and high APP performance.
It is equipped with 8GB RAM which is enough for the most intensive tasks. It eliminates the need to refresh Apps once you resume using them. Background tasks are tackled smoothly without lags.
It comes with a 128GB ROM which is sufficient to download your movies, games, videos, documents and so much more. Delete less and download more without limitations. In case this storage is not sufficient for you; you can always expand it with a micro SD card up to 512GB.
It packs a triple camera set up at the rear which includes
- 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm, Super Steady video
It has helpful features which include;
- Live focus mode-which enables you to adjust the level of blur on the background so that the subject stands out
- Super Slow Mo-allows you to record videos using a high-speed camera and to capture moments that the human eye can’t capture by playing them slower than normal.
- Bixby vision- it detects what you’re looking at and gives you the information you need.it can find products online, search for similar images, shows notable locations nearby, translates texts reads QR codes and so much more.
- Photos are good in quality, with no noise and plenty of detail. There are a wide dynamic range and lively colors. Night shots give nice details with preserved color and the dynamic range is wider. Portraits are great with subject separation. Video recording is 4K@60fps to give you expert experience. There is video stabilization to produce great videos.
It packs a dual selfie camera
- 10 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 22mm (wide), 1/4″, 1.12µm, depth sensor
selfies are of great color and good dynamic range.
This smartphone is fuelled by Li-Ion 4100 mAh, non-removable Fast charging 15W battery. It is healthy enough and has an endurance rating of 91 hours to keep you connected to your world without interruption. Spend less time in search of your battery and more time scrolling through your favorites.