Apple Watch Ultra Highlights
Looks tough. Because it is.
To build the ultimate sports watch, apple crafted every element with painstaking attention to detail for unparalleled performance. Titanium strikes the perfect balance between weight, ruggedness and corrosion resistance. The new case design rises up to surround the flat sapphire crystal and protect it from edge impacts. The Digital Crown is larger and the side button is raised from the case, making them easier to use while you’re wearing gloves.
Biggest and brightest Apple Watch display.
The Always‑On Retina display is 2,000 nits at its peak and twice as bright as any other Apple Watch. The bigger display provides more room for workout metrics and detail‑packed watch faces. The Wayfinder face lets you rotate the Digital Crown to activate Night mode for better viewing in low-light situations.
Battery life for days.
When you’re on the second day of a backpacking trip, the final leg of a triathlon or diving along a coral reef, the last thing you want to think about is running out of battery. With longer battery life than ever, you can take on almost anything and have energy to spare.
- Up to 36 hr of normal use
- Up to 60 hr on low power settings
Everything in its place.
An essential and versatile tool that fits on your wrist, Apple Watch Ultra packs incredible capability into a surprisingly small space:
- GPS Antenna – Precision dual-frequency GPS provides accurate location for calculating distance, pace and route maps
- Dual Speakers – fitted with a second speaker to improve audio volume for calls.
- Siren – Emits an 86-decibel sound pattern to attract help. Can be heard up to 180 metres away.
- Side Button – Use to access safety features. Press and hold to make an emergency call,5 retrieve your Medical ID or access the Siren. Raised slightly from the case for use while wearing gloves.
- Depth Gauge – Provides real-time measurement of underwater depth down to 40 metres, along with water temperature readings.
- Three-Microphone Array – In windy environments, an adaptive algorithm picks the best microphone for audio. Machine learning filters noise for optimal voice clarity.
- Digital Crown – A larger diameter and coarser grooves make it easier to use.
Powerful health features
- Introducing temperature sensing. An innovative new temperature sensor9 enables groundbreaking insights for women’s health and advanced cycle tracking. And it records overnight temperature changes, which you can see in the Health app.
- Sleep tracking. Keep track of your sleep – See how much time you spend in three sleep stages: REM, Core and Deep. And know when you might have woken up.
- Heart health notifications – Receive notifications of unusually high or low heart rates.
- Blood oxygen – Get readings of your blood oxygen for insights into an important indicator of your overall wellness.
Innovative safety features.
- Introducing Crash Detection. New sensors and a machine learning algorithm work to detect severe car crashes and automatically contact emergency services. Apple Watch Ultra also provides your location to dispatchers and notifies your emergency contacts.
- Fall Detection. Whether you’re at home or out adventuring, if a fall is detected and you’re unresponsive, a call to emergency services will be placed automatically.
- Emergency SOS. Press and hold the side button to quickly contact emergency services and provide them with your location. For a period of time, your emergency contacts will get updates when your location changes
Ready for Action.
The new Action button gives you quick, physical control over a variety of functions. It’s customisable and can do things like control a workout, mark a Compass Waypoint or begin a dive. Just like you, it’s full of potential. Run like clockwork. Measure your progress with extreme precision by customising the Action button to control a workout, mark a segment or move to your next interval
The compass reimagined.
An accurate compass is as crucial for navigating the wild as a solid pair of boots. The redesigned Compass app delivers all‑new views and functionality that take wrist‑driven orienteering to new heights.
Hike, run, dive.
There’s a strap for that. Making the ultimate sports watch for athletes of all kinds required a unique approach. That’s why specialised straps for outdoor adventures, endurance training and water sports are as meticulously crafted as the watch itself.
GPS that’s trailblazing, especially in the city.
GPS performance is critical for athletes who want the most precise metrics, whether they’re training in urban streets or out in the wild. Apple Watch Ultra features a new precision dual-frequency GPS system that provides amazing accuracy in the most difficult locations.
Trail Alpine Loop.
Tough as trails. Light, durable and made from two textile layers seamlessly woven into one continuous piece without stitching. The corrosion‑resistant titanium G‑hook slips smoothly into the reinforced loops for a secure fit. Comfort for the long run. Designed to be light, thin and flexible. It features a fuss-free loop closure for quick adjustments during workouts. Extra stretch built into the webbing makes it easy to cinch for optimal fit.
Groundbreaking, even in the sea
Built to withstand jet-skiing or kitesurfing. Apple Watch Ultra features a new depth gauge. It also delivers the data and functionality required by scuba and free divers for descents down to 40 metres. EN13319 certified – An internationally recognised standard for diving accessories. Designed in partnership with renowned underwater innovators Huish Outdoors, the Oceanic+ app for Apple Watch Ultra puts a bona fide dive computer on your wrist.8 Made for recreational scuba diving and freediving down to 40 metres, with all the core features divers need. It’s also refreshingly easy to use.
- Always-On Retina display Up to 2,000 nits
- Released 2022, September 16
- 49 x 44 x 14.4 mm (1.93 x 1.73 x 0.57 in)
- 61.3 g (2.15 oz)
- Sapphire crystal front, ceramic/sapphire crystal back, titanium frame
- iP6X certified – 100m water resistant (WR100) –
- 40m swimproof/diving (EN13319IP6X certified / 50m water resistant
- WatchOS 9.0, upgradable to 9.1
- Chip : Apple S8
- Li-Ion 542 mAh, non-removable